Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sleepless/restless nights

oh the last month of pregnancy is here and with it comes common symptoms:
  • uncomfortable sleep
  • waddling
  • uncomfortable sleep
  • belly aches
  • uncomfortable sleep (did I mention this already?)
  • Braxton Hicks contractions
It's a good thing I'm going to the spa in the morning for a pregnancy massage!

With this being my second pregnancy one thing I didn't expect is how nervous about how my labor and delivery will go. I was definitely nervous the first time but it was a different kind of nervous. Everything was so unknown! This time around I feel like my first labor and delivery went pretty smoothly. Sure I was a week overdue and had some issues during labor and Caleb had to be in the special care nursery for a few days but in the end, he is a healthy little boy and didn't have any issues that warranted urgent care or trips back to the hospital.

Having heard many more labor/delivery stories and other complications I fear that this labor/delivery will be the total opposite. Oh and also that I've heard lots of times the temperament of a second baby is opposite/different than the first in which case would mean a difficult baby. Maybe that explains all the restless nights?

But hey don't get me wrong... I am soooo looking forward to meeting this new little guy. It's pure joy watching a little newborn grow into a toddler and seeing a personality develop. I wonder what he'll look like. Will he have lighter or curly hair? Will he be a chubby baby? Will he be early? How early? The list goes on and on.

I'll found out soon enough!

4 comments:

k-dog studios said...

enjoy the spa! we can wait to meet the little guy either

The GVZs said...

He is going to be awesome and so are you! :)

joyce said...

so far i've never heard of the 2nd labor being worse!! it sounds like you basically sneeze the baby out! :) so i'm sure everything will go just as fine with you too. and also, i know plenty of families with the 2nd baby being an even BETTER baby (better sleeper, better temperament) than the 1st, even when the 1st was already a great baby (so jealous!!)!! i can only imagine how anxious you're feeling tho...enjoy your massage and think happy labor thoughts!!! i'm sending good labor karma your way! ;)

meganastone said...

Since I scared you about Braxton Hicks, I'll also remind you that I left for the hospital at 9 PM and Ruby arrived four hours later without any complications. Here's to an even easier labor and delivery!