Bedtime seems to take forever. Caleb gets a bath, gets into pajamas, and is read a story. It used to be just Goodnight Moon but now he picks out books for us to read him. And he always seems to ask for one more book.
Saying good night to Caleb involves a kiss, a nose kiss (rubbing noses), and my personal favorite a hug. I especially love when Caleb says "big hug" and spreads his arms wide open. With Jamie it's a quick good night. However, it's the total opposite with me. I try to leave the room as quickly as Jamie but Caleb always asks me to lie down on the pillow. It's cute because he'll pat the pillow. When I lie down next to him, I close my eyes to pretend I'm sleeping. When I try to sneak a peek to see if he's done the same his eyes are almost always wide open. Once in a while he'll close his eyes and then try to sneak a peek and quickly closes them again when he sees me. It's a little game that's cute and funny but also can get old pretty fast. I'm not even sure how this became part of the bedtime routine. Part of me wants to break the habit of lying down next to him at night but the other part of me thinks of the day he won't want me to do that and I know I'll be sad. So for now, every night around 7:30 you'll find me lying on a bed with Dr Seuss sheets and a little boy who is pretending to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment