Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Building Houses



Caleb has been really into "building houses" with his blocks. It doesn't feel too long ago when he stacked 3 blocks for the first time. Here's a typical conversation:

Caleb (pointing to a newly built house): Mommy, look at my house!
Me: Wow! That's a nice house. Who lives there?

There are many answers to this question but he usually says Daddy, Mommy, Caleb, Lucas, or even a couple of kids from preschool. He even said his teacher's name once.

The other day he built multiple houses so I pointed to each one and asked who lives there. There was a house for Daddy, Caleb, and Lucas. No house for Mommy.

So I asked, "Where's Mommy's house"
He thought about it and said "I don't know"
Me: Can you build one for Mommy?

He then proceeds to take two blocks, stacks it, and declares that it's "Mommy's house!"

2 comments:

The GVZs said...

HA. I remember when he first started stacking and you would knock his blocks down!

meganastone said...

I was going to say the same thing!