Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Officially a toddler

Walking. It just seems like it happens overnight. All of a sudden it clicks in their little heads, "Hey.... walking is so much faster/easier than crawling". Just a few days ago, he was still crawling around about 25% of the time. And sometimes when I try to put him down he wouldn't stand. But just yesterday I noticed that he would purposefully get up and walk. During a diaper change he tries to crawl away as fast as he can. Now, he rolls over and gets up on his feet to get away. He is getting so good and hardly ever falls on his bottom. I lamented a couple of weeks ago on Facebook that I would miss the pitter patter of his baby hands and knees crawling on the floor. And now it's here. *sigh* Lucas really is a toddler. **

Another video of him at the Discovery Museum just walking everywhere like he's done it his whole life. :)


**By no means is this any indication that I want to have a third child.

1 comment:

k-dog studios said...

you're right...he's like an old pro at this walking thing.