One of the things Jamie and I love to get at the Los Altos Farmer's Market is roasted corn on the cob. A few weeks back we asked Caleb if he wanted a bite. He said yes and ate half of one. The following week he had one to himself. Today, when I got home from the Farmer's Market I said to him, "Caleb, I have a corn upstairs with your name on it" He excitedly followed me to the kitchen to go eat his corn. He asked, "Where's my name?" I gave him the corn and he picked it up and looked all around and asked, "Where's my name? I want to see my name" I then quickly wrote his name on the foil that the corn was wrapped in and showed it to him. Lucky for him he accepted that and happily ate his corn.
How do you explain figures of speech to a 3 year old?
1 comment:
So funny. Just tonight our waiter asked if we had room for dessert. Ruby pushed her plate away, pointed to the empty space on the table and said, "Yes!"
Post a Comment