Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rough Week

It's been a rough week. Even as I type this it still feels a little surreal. My mother-in-law unexpectedly passed away last week. The events leading up to her death happened so quickly. During her funeral service some people spoke about her. The one thing that most resonated with me was although she suffered from bi-polar depression she was able to cope and live a good life. She knew her limits and what she was capable of. She also discovered her "calling" later in life and became part of Beit T'Shuvah a rehabilitation center for addicts. She counseled and affected hundreds of people evidenced by the huge crowd at her funeral service. She wasn't afraid to share her own experiences good or bad. She had a "take charge" attitude and she didn't let you feel sorry for yourself for too long. I've kept this in mind when I get sad about how short of a time she had to spend with my boys who she loved and adored. All I can say is she will be missed. 


No comments: