My grandma used to sew. She used to make some of her clothes. When I was little she made me and my sisters pajamas. I've always thought sewing is so useful and so I thought about taking some lessons. From my search I found
Eddie's Quilting Bee. I was required to take a Machine Basics class if I wanted to take any of their beginning sewing classes. The first part of the class was going over the sewing machine and basic operation and some of it's features. Then the instructor gave us a piece of paper with a maze that we had to follow. After she approved your work, we picked a fabric kit to make a pillow case. We then learned how to spool a bobbin and thread the machine. After that, we got started on sewing the little pillow case. I was surprised at how many people were in the class (12) including four 8 year olds.
 |
| My paper maze |
 |
| My first stich! |
 |
| Completed pillow case |
I also signed up for their Beginning Sewing class. One of my goals is to be able to make
family pajamas for Christmas this year. We'll see how that goes!
2 comments:
i love sewing!!! you make really good straight lines, i'm impressed! ;)
Wow, you can make everything soon! No more etsy!!
Post a Comment