Whenever we're in a parking lot I always say to Lucas and Caleb "Hold hands, we're in a parking lot" Sometimes I have to give Lucas a choice to either hold hands or be carried. And as much as I don't want to carry him I have to because he can be a squirmy little kid and try to run away from me.
Today I picked him up from preschool and as we were just about to get to the parking lot I said "hold hands.." and he held his OWN hands together and said to me "I am holding hands" and when I tried to hold his arm he tried to squirm away from me and declared "I am holding hands!" I guess in two year old logic-speak "holding hands" means he can hold his own hands and walk across a parking lot by himself. Do I really have to spell it out for him and say "Hold MY hand?"
The other day Caleb had a fever and so I gave him some Advil. Lucas said "I'm sick too" and he proceeded to fake cough and say "See I'm sick, I need medicine".
It really is true.... the second kid is opposite from the first.

1 comment:
ooh you've got a smart one on your hands A! Watch out.
Post a Comment