The black plague aka the flu hit the Breslow home HARD! It started right when we got back from New York. Caleb was first. He developed a fever on Saturday night but by Sunday morning he was fever free. Jamie and I were next to start coughing and had a fever on Monday evening. Jamie's fever lasted a few days while mine lasted FIVE! I seriously thought it was never going to go below 100. Lucas got a fever on Tuesday which lasted 24 hours just like Caleb's. By the time the weekend was done I felt back to normal but still had a cough. Unfortunately when Tuesday came Jamie still wasn't feeling well so he decided to go to Urgent Care. A visit to Urgent Care resulted in a 5 night stay at the hospital for pneumonia.While Jamie was at the hospital Lucas woke up every couple of hours one night complaining that his ear hurt. The next day I took him to the pediatrician and found out he had another double ear infection. Because this was his second ear infection within a month he was given a stronger dose of antibiotics.
As of right now Jamie is home but still feeling a little weak and Lucas is on some strong antibiotics. All this sickness in our house is making me rethink getting flu shots.
2 comments:
wow - so not fun. glad everyone is finally on the mend.
elderberry syrup!!! I know I sound crazy, but I've been giving it to the kids (and me and W) at the first sign of sickness and it's gone the next day, I'm not kidding. we've hardly gotten so much as a cold all season, and I truly believe it's the elderberry syrup!! you can find it at whole foods and other natural food type stores. and it tastes good too!
Post a Comment