Sunday, April 20, 2014

Use the FOUR-ce

Lucas (and Caleb) are currently obsessed with Star Wars. Being that he turned 4 and I feel that Lucas is a force to reckon with, I dubbed it a "Use the FOUR-ce" birthday party.


I made tunics for the kids but not many ended up wearing them
We chose a local play space and got a Jedi trainer as an entertainer. The first hour was free play and snacks. I also brought in a paper craft. It was an outline of R2D2. I cut up circles and rectangles for kids to glue onto him. It wasn't a big hit but still cute. The entertainer ran a little late but was worth it. Jedi Andrew was really good. I was really impressed at how he was able to engage fifteen 3-6 year olds. They all had smiles and waited patiently for their turn at trying out their Jedi moves (it's just like the Star Wars Jedi Training Academy at Disneyland).

Found this on etsy and had to get it

Made a Jedi robe for my little Jedi

My happy sweet baby

Jedi Training

The awesome Jedi Trainer entertainer

R2D2 paper craft sample
Photo props of Star Wars famous lines and masks of major characters. The only one missing was Han Solo

Cousins!

Cupcakes from Studio Cake


Food table

Pinterest has tons of ideas for fun Star Wars food labels - Light Sabers, Wookie Cookies, Vader Veggies, Obi-Wan Kabobies (fruit kebabs), 7 Leia Dip, Storm Trooper Scoopers (scoop tortilla chips), Jedi Juice, Luke Skywater, and Vader Ade.




Snack time. I think most kids played with the candied pretzel light sabers than eat them

I bought bubble wands and spray painted the handle black to make them look like light sabers. They came out better looking than I thought. One person even thought I bought them that way. I also got Star Wars cups and Play Packs.
Goody cups

Family picture!


3 comments:

joyce said...

Wow, what an awesome party!! I love the Kabobies and 7 Leia dip, hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome is right! Sad we missed it. Happy birthday Lucas!

Nayoung said...

AMAZING!!!