Monday, October 19, 2009

Hawaii 2009



Since the opening of the store in late July, Jamie has not spent 3 consecutive nights at home and has been working LOONG hours. Needless to say he was in need of a vacation and some serious family time. So off to Hawaii we go...

When it comes to vacations Jamie does ALL the planning. I just come for the ride. He books hotels, plans the day's itinerary, and decides where to eat. This time around, he didn't plan anything and so each day we decided what we were going to do. A lot of times we relaxed at the hotel. We stayed at the Halekulani hotel in Waikiki. Very nice hotel that I believe catered to the Japanese clientele. We tried our best to keep to some kind of nap schedule but Caleb was having none of that. In fact, he ended up sleeping with us on the bed. It was actually quite nice.

It took a couple of days for us to get into vacation mode. We took Caleb to the Waikiki Aquarium, The Kahala resort (the place we stayed at 5 years ago on our mini-moon) to see the dolphins, and to Hanauma Bay where Jamie snorkeled, Caleb played in the sand, and I sat on a beach towel. Caleb did not like the water. He liked playing with the sand and threw lots of sand around. It took a couple of days to fully rid his head of sand. We drove to North Shore one day and met up with some friends at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck and then went to Matsumoto's for shave ice. All in all, the vacation was great.

Caleb playing in the sand


Caleb in his cute Hawaiian outfit. (Sorry it's his profile but he was dancing)


Sunset at Duke's


At Hanauma Bay


Date Night

1 comment:

The GVZs said...

I LOVE his Hawaiian outfit. Too cute. I am really glad you had a good time. We missed you.