1.5 years ago I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. Caleb was 22 inches and 8 lbs and 3 oz. and had a lot of hair.
Today he is 34 inches tall and weighs 26 lbs and 4 oz. and has 11 teeth. The one thing that is the same... he still has a lot of hair (for his sake I hope he can always say that). At his 18 month check up today, the pediatrician asked about his eating habits. I said I felt like he ate a lot of dairy like cheese and yogurt. Right when I said cheese, Caleb said and signed "cheese". The pediatrician asked about fruits and vegetables and I said he eats those pretty well. Of course he has his favorites like blueberries. At that moment, Caleb said "blueberries" and was whining like he wanted some. I had to tell him that we had to wait until we got home to have some blueberries. Saying a few words during the appointment prompted the pediatrician to comment about his vocabulary and language skills. Both Jamie and I felt like Caleb is on track in that department. And she agreed. yay Caleb!
I've heard/read that around 18 months toddlers vocabulary and language skills skyrocket. It is really amazing. Lately we feel like we say a "new" word and Caleb immediately tries to repeat it. I've caught Caleb saying "No no no" and I think he even has said "Don't do that" It's funny what they pick up from you and I guess it's also alarming. Jamie said to me that Caleb has picked up "Oh shoot" from me and how close it is to "Oh s**t". But "Oh shoot" isn't so bad right?
1 comment:
Sorry, A, but Caleb's vocab is NOT on track--he is the most verbal 18 month old I know. :) His signing is amazing too.
Post a Comment