Monday, August 2, 2010

Disneyland!

We took the kids to Disneyland! We were already in LA for the weekend and my younger sister was planning to take my niece so we decided it would be fun to all go together. It was a beautiful day to go to Disneyland. The weather was pretty mild for early August and the crowds weren't THAT bad. The first ride we went on was Peter Pan. We headed to Toon Town after that and got a picture with Mickey. Next up was It's a Small World. I didn't go on the ride because Lucas was hungry. I was kind of bummed but it's okay. As for the other rides that day, we went on Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, and the Finding Nemo submarine ride. We also watched the Pixar Play Parade at California Adventure. If you were right on the parade route you run the risk of getting wet by the people in the parade. Caleb didn't like that so we had to stand back from it. We decided to stay at the Grand Californian for a night since it was next to the park and Caleb still needs to nap. It's a nice hotel in the best location for easy quick access to Disneyland.

Caleb stayed at the park until about 8:30pm. We dropped him off with Grandma in the hotel while Jamie and I went to California Adventure to go on the Hollywood Hotel of Terror ride. I did not want to go on this ride at all. I don't like roller coasters anymore. (blame old age) But Jamie really wanted to go. He asked to wait in line with him and then I can not go on the ride and leave through the exit. But I said that would make me look like a wuss in front of everyone. Ugh! I was a trooper and went on the darn ride. Now a few years back when I visited a friend in Orlando we went on this same ride at Universal Studios. So I kind of knew what to expect but when we got on the ride I couldn't remember if we went up or down first. The anticipation of what was going to happen next is what made the ride "scary". At one point in the ride I wasn't even sitting on the seat! It was the longest 2 minutes of my life!

Jamie and I also got late tickets to see the Wonder of Color show at California Adventure. By that time we were T-I-R-E-D but we were troopers and stayed up to watch a cool show. It was a fun time for all. We talked about the next time we'll visit and I think it'll definitely be when Lucas can walk. I hear Disneyland is great during Halloween and Christmas when the park is decorated.

Caleb's first pair of Mickey ears. I think it's funny that it's of Mickey's pants.


Caleb eating an ice cream cone

No comments: