On a friend's blog she mentioned the idea of the Switch Witch. I kind of forgot about it until we started trick or treating and the bag was getting full of candy for both kids. There's no way I was going to let either kid have all that candy. And I didn't want Caleb wondering what happened to all his candy since both Jamie and I wouldn't be able to resist having some.We could've stopped trick or treating earlier but Caleb was having fun ringing the doorbells on the houses.
So we told Caleb that he can pick out 5 pieces of candy and the rest he can leave for the Switch Witch who will give him a toy in exchange for all his candy. I asked him what kind of toy he wanted and he emphatically said a train and wanted two Chuggington trains. I do have to mention that it took a LOONG time for Caleb to pick out 5 pieces. His pickiness about food extends to candy as well. For example, I asked him if he wanted the gummy candy. He asked, "What's that?" I would try to describe it by saying it was chewy and it sometimes sticks to your teeth. He didn't like that idea. He also was considerate too. He picked out a piece of Hershey's chocolate and when I said why not have 2 he said no, the Switch Witch would like two pieces. And somehow he knew that the Switch Witch also likes Kit Kats and Twix. (hhmmm maybe he's onto me?)
For right now it's a win win situation... Caleb gets a new toy and Jamie gets all the candy. I also picked Lucas up a new little musical toy since he won't get to eat any of his candy.
2 comments:
rhys still has never had any candy, and so looks forward to the switch witch!! we always have a large stash of little toys for stuff like this. :)
I love that idea! So cute that C was looking out for you! :)
Post a Comment