I took Caleb to go see The Lorax. This was going to be my second attempt at taking him to the movie theater. The first time he didn't last all the way through so I avoided it. And to be honest, there weren't any other movies that came out that I wanted to take him to until The Lorax.
When I asked him if he wanted to go see the movie he seemed pretty indifferent and I almost talked myself out of it. But I ignored it and hoped it wouldn't be a disaster. We got to the theater a little early so I had time to get a quick picture of him in front of the movie poster. We then got popcorn which Caleb was excited about. We really lucked out because the movie theater was literally EMPTY when we walked in. We had to sit through 5 minutes of commercials and then probably 20 minutes of previews. Only 2 other people came to watch the movie. Caleb was really funny about the popcorn. I tried to get a handful of popcorn during the previews and he said, "No, Mommy. You have to wait for the movie." Such self restraint! Halfway through the movie he seemed like he was getting tired of sitting in his own chair so he moved onto my lap. He also asked a couple of questions loudly and I reminded him to whisper. The other 2 people were way in the back so I'm sure they didn't mind but nevertheless I wanted him to learn movie theater etiquette.
When the movie ended I asked him if he liked it. He said yes. I then asked him what was his favorite part and he said, "I don't know." Oh well. It still was an adventure and I'm glad I saw the movie. I thought it was great.
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun mommy son outing. Caleb is too funny about the popcorn. I thought you were going to say that he told you to get your own (but of course, caleb is too sweet for that!). BTW...love the Pizza Man photo.
I really liked the movie too. Totally inspiring and uplifting.
Post a Comment