Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I DO IT!!!

I probably hear this phrase from Lucas about a thousand times a day. It's totally normal and typical for two year olds to assert their independence but gosh darn it is exhausting and definitely tests my (dwindling) patience. But sometimes I do think it's awfully cute.


The video says a lot:
  1. He's wearing a pajama top.
  2. It was a hot day but he refused to wear shorts and instead picked out long black sweat pants. Every morning there's a struggle to get him out of his pajamas and into hopefully a color coordinated outfit. I pick my battles and outfit choices on an every day basis isn't one of them.
  3. I filled the pitcher with water but he INSISTED on carrying it across the driveway to the lemon tree. I was feeling proud of him even if he poured half the water onto himself.
  4. He's wearing his scooter helmet because once I put it on him, I don't take it off until we go back inside the house. The rebel in him tries to sneak onto the scooter without a helmet.

Things he has to do himself:
  • Climb in the car, get in the car seat, and buckle his straps
  • Brush his teeth
  • Put on his crocs
  • Eat yogurt. He loves it. It's a healthy choice but goodness it's messy.
And of course the things I want him to do himself like put his bowl/cup in the sink or something in the trash he'll say "No, Mommy do it" You just never win with a two year old.

1 comment:

The GVZs said...

So cute. I love how he checks the watering can to make sure it's empty. Ha. I love the fact that he's wearing a helmet in this video. LOVE.