So for whatever reason Caleb wakes up in the middle of the night and comes to my bed to sleep with me. It's been going on so long I don't remember when in started. Once in a while he'll he'll sleep in his bed until the morning. It was getting tiring and I was getting tired of the broken sleep. I was at my sister's house and she showed me my niece's pom pom jar. Basically a reward system for good behavior. I decided to get Caleb one so he could earn a pom pom every time he slept in his bed all night long.
It worked. In the morning he would ask about getting his pom pom because he slept in his bed. There were a few nights that he didn't but for the most part he was sticking to it. I would ask him what he wanted to get at the toy store when he filled it up. He wasn't sure and just would reply "something". He then decided on Mavis the train.
It probably took about a month for him to fill up the jar. I took him to the toy store and he picked out his new train.
That night and every night since then he's woken up in the middle of the night to come sleep with me. When asked, "When are you going to sleep in your bed all night long?" He replies, "I'll try when I'm 4".
No comments:
Post a Comment