On the first night of my Beginning Sewing class our instructor taught us how to make a ruffle and put in an elastic band. She then told us to pick out a pattern. The choices were a skirt, pajama set, and a tote bag. I picked the tote bag thinking that it was the easiest of all three choices. Our homework for the week was to purchase fabric, trace the pattern, and cut your fabric. When I got home and told Jamie he berated me for picking the tote bag and reminded me that my goal was to make our Christmas matching pajamas. So I had to go back to the store to get the pattern. There were 3 more three hour sessions and it took all that time to sew a pajama set. I never realized that a top consisted of so many pieces. (1 back, 2 front pieces, 1 collar, 2 sleeves). I am now in awe of the contestants on Project Runway. The pants were way easier and didn't take as long as the top. In the end I am happy with how it turned out considering it was my first time.
1 comment:
Wow wow wow wow!!
Post a Comment