Actually 95% free... Lucas is still wearing a pull up at night but for the past month or so he's been wearing underwear during the day and using the toilet. For what seemed like the longest time he was able to pee on the potty but absolutely refused to poop in it. A sticker chart didn't work. So I got him his own little pom pom jar and told him whenever he peed or pooped in the potty he would get a pom pom and when the jar was filled he would get a flashlight (his choice). He kept refusing to poop in the potty and was quickly filling up the jar with pom poms just by peeing. When it was almost full I had to change the goal a little by saying when the jar is filled and you poop ONCE in the potty we can go get the flashlight. It got to the point where the jar was full and every time he pooped in his diaper I would remind him that if he pooped in the potty he would get his flashlight. One day we were at the hardware store and there were these flashlights that looked like a spider and had legs that bent so you position it to stand or wrap the legs around something. I pointed it out to Lucas and said we could get that but we won't be able to open it until he pooped in the potty. A few days later I caught him at the right time and reminded him that he could get his flashlight. He decided he wanted it and off to the bathroom we went. It only took him a few days to be accident free. It's a bit of a struggle to get him to go potty before we leave the house or before his swim lesson. He just doesn't like anyone telling him to go. There has been a couple of accidents but luckily they all have been at home.
No more carrying diapers and wipes in my bag. I do keep spare clothing in the car in case of an accident. I dread the idea of waiting in line for a public bathroom. Nevertheless I feel like this is such a milestone. I can't believe I changed diapers for 4.5 years straight and 10 months of that was double duty. To commemorate this milestone I have the urge to buy a nice new handbag.
5 comments:
Go get that new handbag!!!
what a major milestone - congrats! I'm more than a bit jealous. You definitely deserve a new handbag...maybe even some shoes to go with.
Wow, that's awesome. I say get the handbag and maybe some shoes to match. :)
Ha! Just saw Suzy's comment. Great minds...
hurray for lucas! isn't it so free-ing?! :) i haven't given up the diaper bag tho, i still have too much stuff to carry around, and it's a beautiful kate spade bag that i plan to keep around for a while. ;)
Post a Comment