Thursday, February 27, 2014

Europe 2014: Paris

We were finally on our way to Paris. The Eurostar was great. Caleb actually took a nap. Because of the unexpected extra day in London, we were only going to be in Paris less than 24 hours. Once we dropped our stuff in the hotel we headed out for some food. We made a plan to go to the Eiffel Tower that evening and then hopefully book a car service for the morning to take us around the major sights before heading to the airport for our 1:30pm flight. At the Eiffel Tower we took some pictures and video. It was great to see it at night. After the visit we went back to the hotel to get a good night sleep.



 The next day we were picked up at 8:30am for a tour of the city. We stopped at Notre Dame and went in. We then went to the Louvre and took pictures outside. Caleb wanted to go see the Mona Lisa but of course we didn't have time and weren't even sure it was open. On our way to Saint Chapelle I was sitting next to Caleb. He seemed a little tired and started to lay down on my lap. He then sat up and whispered something and somehow I instinctively put my hands to his mouth and caught his throw up. Chaos ensued and we had to yell at the driver to pullover. Caleb was pretty upset and wanted to change clothes. Luckily I had antibacterial wet wipes to clean up the mess. After that Jamie and Caleb went to visit the church. I had to stay in the car because Lucas had fallen asleep before the incident.

Notre Dame Cathedral


Saint Chapelle


Our last stop before heading to the airport was Sacre Couer. I had to buy a cheesy expensive hoodie at one of the souvenir shops because Caleb was cold. And at the souvenir shop the boys insisted on getting little snow globe chotchkies.



Our visit to Paris was short but I wouldn't say it was sweet other than the yummy pain au chocolats we had for breakfast. Next stop Roma!

No comments: