Sunday, February 9, 2014

Mouth of Truth


In preparation for our upcoming trip to Europe I was reading the book "This is Rome" to the boys. We got to the page where it talks about the famous "Mouth of Truth" The book says "Stick your hand inside; if you have told a lie, it will bite it off!" I asked Lucas "Have you told a lie?" He shook his head. I followed with "So are you going to put your hand in it?" He shook his head again. I also asked Caleb and he had the same responses. I was trying to move onto the next page but they kept asking me if it's real. And I just kept playing with them and said, "We'll find out when we go". Caleb finally looked at me and asked "Is it real?" I finally came clean and told them it wasn't real. They sort of had a look of relief on their face. It was funny to see them actually believe that could happen.

No comments: