Tuesday, July 7, 2009

First Birthday Eve

For the past week or so I've been in such a nostalgic state of mind. Around this time last year I was anxiously waiting the arrival of Caleb. A random list of my thoughts on the eve of Caleb's first birthday.

  • June 30th (my due date) had come and gone. I was a bit bummed that he was going to be late.
  • Jamie was worried that Caleb would be born on HIS birthday.
  • Jamie thought it would be cool to have him on the 4th of July because then he would always have fireworks on his birthday.
  • Going through two non-stress tests to check if Caleb was doing okay in my belly.
  • On my due date the doctor suggested I schedule an induction date which made me start to cry. A little part of me didn't want to choose his birthday.
  • There was the Chinese fortune cookies that predicted Caleb would come out next Tuesday and it came true.
  • July 7th last year my water broke in the morning and we checked in the hospital.
  • Kissing Caleb for the first time and wishing him a "Happy Birthday"


Today was spent remembering random things about being pregnant, going through labor, and FINALLY meeting my son. Today I spent hugging and kissing Caleb a little more than usual. I can't wait for tomorrow!

1 comment:

The GVZs said...

Happy birthday Caleb! We love you and are so happy to be a part of your life.