Monday, December 7, 2009

This is not a discussion Caleb...

We've been pretty much doing the same bath/bedtime routine since Caleb was probably 3 or 4 months old. Since he clearly knows the routine he seriously tries to stall. 7pm rolls around and I say to him "It's bathtime Caleb" He actually responds, "No". I tell him, "This isn't a discussion Caleb." After his bath, he gets into his pajamas and we read Goodnight Moon. Some days he grabs the book and gives it to me. But a lot of times, he tries to play or run around his room. I say, "It's night night time Caleb" He responds, "No" or even whimpers a little. He has tried to trick us by saying he wants something to eat or drink. Since I don't want my baby to be hungry I go get it from the kitchen which gives Caleb the opportunity to leave his bedroom and run to the family room and try to play with some toys. When I pick him back up and try to give him food or water he refuses it. Sneaky little boy! He also tries to avoid bedtime by pointing to more books for me to read. We always read "Goodnight Moon" And almost on cue as soon as I read "Good night stars..." the whimpering cry starts.

Will the day ever come where he doesn't cry when I place him in the crib/bed and close the door?

1 comment:

joyce said...

aw man, that's rough! is he sleeping better at least?? when i put rhys in his crib, he looks at me and waves bye-bye, like he's telling ME to leave, haha!