So the transition to Caleb's big boy bed has gone pretty well. For the most part he's been sleeping in his bed. There were a few exceptions - the contractors making too much noise in the bathroom next door and Friday Family Film night. Because there are no bed rails yet (they're supposed to arrive tomorrow) I lie down with Caleb and wait until he's almost asleep before I leave and return when I'm ready to go to sleep. This has caused a bit of a problem. I've tried to just leave him but he'll pat the pillow next to him and say "Mommy sleep" It's the cutest thing ever and so how can I resist? Tonight he said "Mommy's bed" and I replied "No, Caleb's bed".
I know it goes against all sleep training rules to give in and lie down with him in his bed especially since I know he is used to it but the clock is ticking on baby 2's arrival and I just want to savor these moments because in a short while I will have to split my time between 2 kids. Oh! the guilt is already starting and he's not even here yet!
The bed rails arrive tomorrow so I must commit to not co-sleeping and his cute plea "mommy sleep". Wish me luck!
3 comments:
I have a sneaking suspicion you'll give into 'Mommy sleep' even after #2 is here. :)
I agree with Janet. Caleb's got you right where he wants you!
i totally feel ya!! my friend told me that after your 2nd is born, your 1st becomes the father's child. :( this made me really sad. but i know it's just temporary, and soon they'll both be mine...er, our's. ;)
Post a Comment