Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My big boy

So a common question that I've been getting is how is Caleb adjusting?

So far Caleb knows the name of the baby and has sweetly given him kisses on the head. I've caught him give Lucas a kiss on the mouth so now I fear he's passing cooties and I'm going to have to deal with a sick newborn pretty soon.

One thing I've read is to involve an older child with taking care of the new baby. In such a short time Caleb has become very helpful.

During a diaper change I wanted to get the changing pad out of my diaper bag. I asked Caleb to get it for me. At first he gave me the pouch that is filled with diapers. I asked him to go back again and get the BLACK changing pad with the CIRCLES on it. He fetched it and brought it over.

Another time I was sitting down to feed Lucas but I forgot the Boppy pillow. I asked Caleb for the blue pillow. He picked up a blue blanket instead. Then I asked for the pillow that looks like the letter 'C'. Caleb understood that and picked up the Boppy pillow and handed it to me.

I've also asked Caleb to get me a diaper and blanket and I thank him profusely for being such a great helper. He looks so proud and happy. I know he'll be a great big brother.

3 comments:

k-dog studios said...

so nice to hear. Now if only he could change the diaper too!

The GVZs said...

So cute. I knew he would be a great big brother!

meganastone said...

I miss the big boy. Can't wait for May 7. Love to Lucas too!