One of the strollers we already have is a City Mini that I love. It has a great canopy, sturdy wheels, and folds up super easy. A friend of mine (Thanks Joyce!) has one too and she forwarded me a link to the new City Select double stroller. On paper, it looked awesome. The seats are tandem which I preferred and the big marketing ploy is that it has 16 configurations. The one con I found is that I need to remove the seat to unfold it. It isn't hard it's just an extra step.
So back in April when my mother-in-law was in town we drove up to Lullaby Lane to check it out. Unfortunately the store did not have the car seat adaptor and so I couldn't see how that whole thing worked. But I did get to push the actual stroller and see how to fold/unfold. I was assured that it was easy to put the adapter. I also tested out a Phil & Ted's and one other one that I can't remember but all the different configurations really sold me on the City Select. My mother-in-law and I decided to place the order but were a little disappointed that it was back ordered until JULY! ugh!
Lullaby Lane called last month to tell me that the stroller and second toddler seat arrived but the car seat adapter won't arrive until mid or late July. eek! I was hoping it would come in early because we plan on going to Disneyland at the end of July and the double stroller would really come in handy. I was in luck..on Friday the car seat adapter package arrived on my doorstep.
Now here's where the adventure begins. I think I'm a smart enough person to read instructions and put things together that don't require power tools. I opened up the boxes on Saturday and read the instructions. Simple enough. My first attempt involved putting the car seat adapter in, put the car seat on top and got stuck when I tried to put in the toddler seat. I turned around the adapter and tried again. No luck. I threw caution to the wind and thought maybe the adapter was labeled wrong and switched things up again. No luck. Was hot and sweaty by this time and the baby was crying. Step away from it to clear my head.
Second attempt : Looked online for better instructions. No luck. Kept staring at the configuration picture to see if the light bulb in my head would turn on. No luck. Cursed the instructions. Doubted my intelligence and so I called Jamie in for reinforcements. To my relief, he was dumbfounded too. We kept switching things up. We did have a breakthrough and was able to have the toddler seat and car seat both facing me. But the configuration I wanted was car seat facing me and toddler seat facing out.
Third attempt: This morning I looked online and watched a demo video. aha! I get it now! Followed what the video did but still was not able to get the car seat to face me. We had both the toddler seat and car seat facing out. FINALLY, Jamie had an idea while playing around with the car seat adapter. It worked!
So after 3 attempts and two nights of sleeping on it, we assembled the double stroller with the configuration that I want.
Voila!
Now, I hope it lives up to my expectations once both kids are in it and I actually use it!
No comments:
Post a Comment