Saturday, July 3, 2010

Watch what you say...

Now that Caleb is almost 2 years old, his language skills and vocabulary are developing rapidly. Everyone says you need to watch what you say around them because even when you don't think they're listening they are.

I'll be the first to admit that it's tough having a newborn and a toddler. It seems that both kids will want something at the exact same moment. One moment it's calm and the next Lucas is crying and Caleb is saying "I want.." And having a newborn who only cries to communicate can get frustrating.

It may sound like I'm rambling but I had one of these moments this morning. Caleb accidentally woke up Lucas from a nap so he was a bit grumpy (as was I). We were trying to get it together to go have breakfast. I was putting a crying Lucas in the car seat so I said, "Lucas, chill..." And before I finished my sentenced Caleb said "out!"

Oh goodness! It made me realize I must say "chill out" to Lucas when he's crying a bit too much if Caleb already picked up on it. Jamie witnessed the whole thing and chuckled.

No comments: