Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Children's Fairyland

I decided to make the trek out to Oakland to visit Children's Fairyland with some friends. I've heard it was a great place for kids and wanted to see for myself and of course it's more fun when you go with friends.

My hope was that Lucas would nap on the way to Oakland since it was going to be an hour drive. Unfortunately he didn't. Caleb was getting antsy in the car because at one point he said "Can we go home?" None of this deterred me from the plan and I told Caleb that we would be there soon. Earlier that morning I told him we were going to Fairyland and he asked to go to Disneyland. Haha!

We got there in good time and at the same time as our friends. Caleb spotted his friends, ran up to them and they couldn't wait to go inside. I think their excitement was contagious because he usually is a bit more cautious when going to a new place. But I give credit to Fairyland for making every attraction pint sized and not intimidating to my cautious 3 year old. I think it also helped that he was with two of his oldest friends. I knew going in that Lucas would not be able to sit in the stroller for very long. As soon as he saw three 3 year olds running to all the attractions he wanted out. I let him out and instead of running toward Caleb and his friends, he goes in a different direction. I was lucky that M's mom and sister were there which made the adult/child ratio 1:1.

It was a fun time enjoyed by all. The attractions were cute and totally age appropriate. And it was just so fun seeing the kids have fun.

One of the first attractions... the brick house from the Three Little Pigs


Lucas hanging out in one of the little houses.


Inside the whale mouth


The boys were really into the little pond.


Alice in Wonderland carousel ride. Caleb didn't want to go at first but after asking a few times and seeing his friends go on, he decided he would go too.


The girls taking turns singing at the altar in the mini church. (we all thought it was a little weird that there was a church at Fairyland). Caleb didn't sing. Instead he announced whose turn it was to go up to the altar.


Carousel


Wishing well


We finally got the three kids to sit in the flower petals.


I asked Caleb what his favorite part of Fairyland was and he said the train and pulling the dragon's tongue.


It was a fun day with great friends. The only downer of the day for me was Lucas was really fussy and overtired. He's not one to sit in a stroller and take a nap while others play. But I think he even enjoyed it. He loved to run away from me and climb stairs. In the car on the way home Caleb said he wanted to go back with his friends R and N. It almost brought me to tears considering N and her family have decided to move to Texas. All I could muster up was, "Yes we can go back to Fairyland"

1 comment:

k-dog studios said...

Glad you had a fun time. At least lucas got to run around. I kept K in the stroller almost the entire time because it was too difficult to manage. Same deal, the girls would run one way and he would run the other.