Thursday, August 4, 2011

MNO



Last night I went out to dinner with my "D1 friends". They are the moms I met at DayOne - my second home during my first year of motherhood. They are the moms I sought advice from, vented to and shared my excitement when my baby(ies) went through many first milestones. They are the moms that I have great affection for because I feel as if we were in the trenches together as we all were first time moms at the same time. Seeking their advice as opposed to another mom or even my older sister was different. Moms with kids older than mine forget the hard stuff or forget how they handled the problem. Going to my D1 moms meant one of them had a hard night yesterday or they had that same problem last week and could really relate. And yes, misery loves company.

This was a special night out because two of them are moving at the end of the month. One out of the country for a few years and the other out of state. I know I will see them again (a few times before the month is over) but I will miss them and their kids. Kids I've known since they were newborn. Kids I've seen reach milestones and have been proud of just as much as I've been proud of my own child. They are part of Caleb's first set of friends.

Luckily we live in the age of email, blogging and Facebook. I EXPECT regular blog posts filled with stories and pictures. And I look forward to visits and trips to see each other. And thankfully two of them are still in the Bay Area and not going anywhere for a while.

2 comments:

The GVZs said...

You are killing me. Gaaaaaahhhhh. :(

joyce said...

i always thought your D1 group was so cool, and wished we had something like that here. the closest i have is our bradley group, there were 4 of us and we remain close still. it's been so fun watching the kids grow, and we take a pic of the 4 of them every year, and i said we were gonna do it til they turn 18, haha! :)