 |
| Villa #6 Home sweet home for 5 nights |
The flight from Kauai to Maui was smooth. We were all very excited to get to the Fairmont Kea Lani. We heard nothing but good things about it. But first the boys had to have lunch and then nap before exploring. Jamie's parents headed to the pool and called us to tell us that there is a wading pool for the kids. yipee!
 |
| Beach steps away from the villa | |
 |
| Cabana 11 situated perfectly between family pool and wading pool. |
Caleb was intrigued by all the tiki torches and the guy who comes around lighting them each night.
 |
| The guy that lights the tiki torches every night |
 |
| Sunset view |
While Jamie's parents golfed, we took the boys to the Maui Aquarium. It was great. The boys loved it. Lucas pointed at all the fish and wanted me to pick him up to get closer. After that we headed back to the hotel to have lunch and nap. We got a babysitter for that evening so the adults could have a relaxing no kid dinner at Spago. Woohoo!
We went to dinner at the Grand Wailea's Humuhumu restaurant. Caleb and Lucas had a lot of fun feeding the fish in the pond surrounding the restaurant. We sat at a table next to the pond where they keep all the spiny lobsters. Caleb got spooked by the waiter who pulled up the basket filled with spiny lobsters in order to take one out for a customer.
 |
| Nice and comfy |

On the day Jamie and his parents golfed, I took the boys to the beach. Our villa was steps away from the beach. It was FANTASTIC. Lucas didn't want to take a morning nap so we headed to the beach pretty early. It took a bit of energy to get situated - had to sign in for an umbrella and lounge chairs and then I set up the sun shade behind our lounge chairs so the boys could be shaded to play in the sand. It was a pretty awesome setup if I do say so myself. Caleb even called it "nice and comfy". I asked if Caleb wanted to go down by the water. At first he didn't but when I took Lucas down, Caleb decided to join in. To say Lucas loved the ocean and beach is probably a little of an understatement. I wish I had more pictures/videos to show for it but I figure one hand on each kid was probably safer than holding a camera. And even then there was a point where Caleb was sitting on the lounge chair while Lucas and I were playing in the water. Lucas lost his balance and fell in the water at the same time another wave came crashing in and swept Lucas up toward the beach. He was probably "body surfing" for a couple of seconds before I scooped him up. Thankfully there was no crying or whimpering from Lucas. He didn't even look scared. Maybe just a little bewildered at what had just happened. We took a break from playing in the ocean. After a bit more playing I thought it was time to head to the pool so we could have lunch there. The boys were playing in the baby pool for a long while. Caleb wanted to go in the big pool with me so I had to take both boys in the pool. We were able to walk around the pool for only a short while because Lucas started to get squirmy. I couldn't handle both of them for much longer so we got out and went back to the baby pool. By this time I was pretty tired, Lucas needed to nap, and it was getting close to lunch. Instead of having lunch by the pool I opted to go back to the villa and order room service.
 |
| Baby pool |
 |
| Taking a break in the cabana |
We had dinner at Mama's Fish House to celebrate Jamie's parents' 46th wedding anniversary. I had a delicious ceviche. I can't stop thinking about it.
 |
| The happy couple |
 |
| Boys playing in the canoe in front of the restaurant |
Jamie and I took a drive by ourselves to Kapalua. On the way we had lunch at Whaler's Village. Jamie's parents took the boys to the pool and they had a lot of fun. The boys took extra long naps that afternoon.
 |
| Loving the wading pool! |
While Jamie's parents relaxed at the hotel on Labor Day, we took the boys on the Sugar Cane Train. Caleb loved it of course. While at the gift shop paying for a new toy train, the cashier told me that you could ask the engineer to toot the whistle. So when the train ride ended, we rushed to the front and asked. She let Caleb and Jamie in the very hot engine and he and Jamie got to pull down on the train whistle. It rocked Caleb's world.
 |
| Trying to keep both boys INSIDE the train |
 |
| I love trains! |
 |
| Choo choo! |

After the train ride we took a drive to the northwest part of Maui and
down to Iao State Park. During this stretch of the drive the boys took a
nap and we enjoyed the scenery. At some points the road was one way and
a bit bumpy.
|
|
On our last night in Maui (our anniversary) we ate at Nick's Fish House conveniently located at the Fairmont.The only time we ever thought to get a big group picture.
Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for the trip! It was a memorable family vacation!
1 comment:
kauai is my favorite cuz it has my fave shave ice place (jo jo's) where they put a scoop of macadamia nut ice cream at the bottom, YUM. but maui is a very close second...and it looks like you guys had an awesome trip!!!
Post a Comment