I signed up for a parent education class through Mountain View Los Altos Adult Education. It's called Parent Observation. It's a preschool setting for Lucas so he can explore art, music, toys, etc and then there's parent discussion time. For me it was 1:1 time with Lucas and a chance to discuss issues and topics with other parents with kids the same age. I've read feedback that some parents have gone through the program with not only their first but second and third kids because every kid is different and your parenting style is always evolving.
Today was Lucas' first day. I think he really enjoyed it. He sat in my lap during circle time, played with all the different toys, especially the water table. At snack time he ate his snack and while the kid next to him walked away, snatched up one of her strawberries. oops! He almost had a meltdown when he couldn't have more strawberries.
The theme this week was "Construction. He didn't really play with other kids but that's to be expected at this age. There was actually one point where all the kids were outside and Lucas ran back inside to play. One observation about Lucas - he has no separation anxiety and he definitely suffers from second child syndrome. He tripped up and fell. I didn't flinchd. He immediately got back up and continued on his way. One mom asked if he had older siblings. I replied yes and jokingly said was it that obvious since I didn't rush to his side? She, another second time mom, and I all chuckled. It was a fun first day.
2 comments:
you have the coolest programs by you!!
Lucas definitely loves his strawberries! Haha. That's a great first day and nicely captured with photos!
Post a Comment