When Caleb had his
first dental visit, the dentist mentioned that the enamel on his back molar was weak and not fully formed. She said I need to be really diligent at brushing. And I honestly tried but at his teeth cleaning appointment last month I mentioned to her that it seems like it's getting worse (more discolored). She took some xrays and determined that he should get a cap. We made an appointment for a few weeks out to have the procedure done.
Getting the cap involved cleaning the tooth and fully covering it with stainless steel. They would need to give him a shot to numb the tooth and so in order for him to be relaxed they would also give him laughing gas or "happy air". When this was mentioned I had visions of Caleb being all giddy. This wasn't the case. Soon after the gas mask went on, his tooth was numbed and the dentist quickly went through the rest of the procedure. I think it lasted 10 minutes total. I was a bit embarrassed about taking pictures so I only got two. He did incredibly well and stayed still the whole time.
 |
| Happy Air |
 |
| Prepping the tooth |
 |
| Lucas did a good job at waiting and occupying himself with a Highlights magazine |
 |
| All done! Looking a little groggy. |
1 comment:
I am glad it went quickly and without pain. Lucas looks so big and cute sitting there!
Post a Comment