Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tiny Treks

I enrolled Lucas and I in a 3 week summer session of Tiny Treks. The first week we went to Charleston Slough. We saw birds and pelicans. Lucas loved throwing rocks in the water. Even though the class is meant to for the little ones to walk he preferred sitting in the stroller unbuckled so he could get out in an instant.

About to throw a rock
The second week we went to Bol Park in Palo Alto. We saw goats, chickens, and the donkeys. There's also a creek there and Lucas really liked playing in the water.

Donkeys


The third week we went to Wunderlich County Park in Woodside. The kids decorated walking sticks. Lucas still preferred to be in the stroller and I had to push him up a hill. There were beautiful big redwood trees. The Folger Stable(as in 'The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup") is located there and if I were a horse I would want to stay there. It was that nice. We saw kids riding horses in a small arena. The teacher said there's usually more. After class, Lucas and I went to Buck's Restaurant. The best part of Buck's was all the stuff hanging from the walls and ceiling. He pointed to and named everything he recognized. "Hat!" "Airplane!" "Fish!" He was so busy doing that he barely ate.  
With his walking stick


I speak for the trees!

A hat!

It was a fun three week session. I think Lucas enjoyed the water play time during the 2nd week and snack time the most. I enjoyed getting outdoors and spending some 1:1 with my little guy. I don't think I can commit to the year long program but likely will try to fit it in again next summer.

1 comment:

Nayoung said...

We love Tiny Treks!!