Saturday, December 29, 2012

Advent Calendar summary

Now that Christmas is over I can confidently say that the Advent Calendar I made was a complete success. It took a few days for the idea to catch on but as soon as it did every morning Caleb wanted to go see what was in "today's pocket". I admit that the activities weren't totally out of the norm or outrageous but it did force me to make sure I had prepped in advance and actually follow through. Towards the end Caleb knew how many more days there was until Christmas by counting the number of pockets left. Now that it's done he wants another calendar. I told him we have to wait until next year.

Chocolate fondue night

Bake and decorate cookies

Decorate a gingerbread house

First night of Hanukkah

Visit Santa

1 comment:

k-dog studios said...

I love the way it 'forces' you to spend quality time together and create joyful moments each and every day of the christmas season. So special.