Sunday, December 2, 2012

French Laundry



Miracles do happen during the Christmas season. Jamie somehow made a 6:00pm reservation at the French Laundry a mere 3 days in advance.

I must admit that the restaurant is a bit on the formal side which is sooo not our style. Men had to wear jackets and there were no jeans allowed. At one point the gentleman at the next table was asked to put his jacket back on.

I wouldn't say I was blown away by any one dish but I could definitely have had bigger portions of some of the courses. We loved the lobster and crab with white truffles. White truffles are good. And Jamie has added raclette to his list of cheeses he loves. I will also not be forgiven for eating all of the Kaluga caviar before Jamie got a chance to try it. It was a delicious meal. If you can go, you should. It really doesn't disappoint and you quickly will get over the sticker shock of the bill.


No comments: