Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013

This year we had a minion theme from Despicable Me. Caleb was a yellow minion while Lucas (appropriately) was a purple evil minion. I originally was going to be Lucy Wilde but instead borrowed my sister's minion costume from a couple of years ago. Jamie was going to be Gru but he ended up going out of town for Halloween. I pieced the costume by getting overalls, long sleeved colored shirts, and knit beanies from etsy. I also made the minion logo/patch out of felt and sewed it on the overalls. I think the boys looked super cute.

It was a super busy day. Lucas' preschool sets up an Enchanted House for Halloween. There's a bunch of vignettes of children's books. They receive little toys at each one. It's super cute. After the Enchanted House we headed to downtown Los Altos for a little lunch and went trick or treating at the stores. I felt a little guilty that I didn't wait until Caleb got out of school to go to the trick or treating event in downtown Los Altos but I wanted to avoid massive amounts of school age kids. After tricking or treating downtown we went home for a quick pit stop and then went to Caleb's Halloween parade. We had to park pretty far and made it just in time. It was a really fast parade and even at the end the principal invited the dressed up parents to take a stroll in the center. There were lots of minions, princesses, and superheros.

Since we live in the hills, trick or treating really isn't an option so we always head elsewhere to trick or treat. I feel a little guilty but I don't want to deprive my kids of the experience. This year we met at my friend's house and went around her neighborhood in Palo Alto. It was a lot of fun trick or treating and they came back with full bags of candy. They were definitely tired by the end of the night. It was a fun day.

Halloween parade





About to trick or treat

No comments: