Friday, November 1, 2013

Sewing

So it's been about a year since I took my first sewing class and got a sewing machine. In this past year I've made quite a number of things to build my sewing skills. There have been numerous bags, our family pajamas, and household items. I've even made a few gifts (baby blankets, crayon rolls, superhero cape, art notebook). Someone asked me "When do you find time to sew?" I find myself doing a lot of sewing after the boys are asleep as a way for me to unwind from the day. It's a creative outlet for me and I find it enjoyable to learn a new skill.

sewing machine cover

wristlet

placemat I used for C's Big 5 birthday party

pencil pouch party favor for C's bday party

insulated lunch bag

placemat for L's Pirate 3rd bday party




1 comment:

The GVZs said...

We have reaped the benefit several times of your mad skillz. Keep sewing! :)