Sunday, November 8, 2009

16 month update







What can I say about Caleb that I haven't said before? He's a fun and funny little guy.
  • He STILL loves balls and balloons. He can throw a ball pretty well and loves to throw and chase after the ball. It can be entertaining.
  • He's picking up a little Spanish from his Spanish speaking nanny. I've asked him "Do you want water?" He'll respond "agua agua agua" and point to his straw cup of water.
  • Anything round to him is either 1) ball 2) balloon or 3) moon.
  • He is transitioning to one nap (much to my dismay).
  • The other day he pointed to my belly and said baby which surprised me because I haven't emphasized the new baby is coming a whole lot. Probably was a fluke.
  • Taking a bath is a hit or miss. Some days he likes it and others he won't sit down.
  • He had his second haircut and hated every minute of it.
  • He can climb on the couch and go up small steps standing. Going down steps he'll reach for my hand for help.
  • He likes to turn light switches on/off and press buttons
  • He can sign milk, more, please, and eat. We're working on thank you.
  • He can say no, yeah, uh-oh, up, bird, honey, mommy, daddy, ball, moon, balloon, shoes, and bubbles.
  • He loves to draw lines with chalk.
  • He can be shy at times (like mom!) and usually needs a little time to warm up.
I'm amazed at how much he understands. Definitely way more than he can say. I love watching his personality come through more and more each day.

No comments: