Saturday, November 14, 2009

cradling and football

I have to mention 2 things before I tell this story. 1) Jamie watches football with Caleb. and 2) I've been trying to teach Caleb the sign for "baby" which basically is the motion of rocking a baby back and forth.

This morning Caleb and I were in the playroom. Caleb was pulling books out of the bookshelf to read. He pulled out his "USC 101" book and turned to the Sports & Athletics page of the book that displays a bunch of balls - Caleb's favorite thing in the world.

I said, "Do you like watching football on tv with Daddy?"
Caleb, "Yeah"

He then picked up the remote control that's in the playroom.

I said, "There's no tv in here Caleb. Do you want to go watch football?"
Caleb, "Yeah"

He then leaves the room and goes to the family room and points to the tv. I turn on the tv and turn it to a football game. He's sitting on the couch for a bit. On the tv, a player just ran in the end zone and scored a touchdown.

Caleb then says, "baby" and also does the sign for it
I said, "where's the baby?"

Luckily for instant replay I caught the play again and my guess is Caleb saw the football player holding a football in his arm much like how you would hold a baby in your arms as well as how you sign "baby".

Just thought this was funny to get a glimpse of how their little brains work.

1 comment:

The GVZs said...

Caleb is a genius. Pure and simple.