I found this cute book called The First Rule of Little Brothers. It basically is about two brothers and the little brother just wants to copy and do whatever the big brother is doing. I'm sure that's the case for any older/younger sibling and not just brothers but it's nice to have a book about two brothers to read to my boys.
Today, Caleb was jumping around our bedroom. I noticed that Lucas was watching him and trying to imitate him. He is too young to jump but he would bend his knees like he was going to jump and raise his arms. I thought it was really cute and made me think that they are bonding as brothers. In the morning time Caleb usually is the one who wakes me up and he'll say, "Let's get Lucas". A lot of times when I put Lucas down for a nap or bedtime Caleb wants to help read a story.
I love watching them interact. In the bath they fight over the same toys and splash each other (and me!). Caleb likes to wrestle around with Lucas. Sometimes Lucas tolerates it but sometimes Caleb can be a little rough and Lucas will run crying to me. Of course not every interaction is loving. There's a lot of pushing each other. If Lucas is on my lap, Caleb wants to sit on it too. At least he's starting to ask if I can move Lucas to one knee so he can share. And there's been a few times where the answer to "What happened?" begins with "I pushed Lucas..." I guess you just need to take the good with the bad.
1 comment:
lol...my kids are the same way! as soon as R hears A he immediately wants up. but he also wants to include her in everything, which is sweet. and yes, "i pushed/hit/sat on audrey" is heard a lot, haha! i often wonder how different i would be (parenting style) if i had 2 kids of the same gender.
Post a Comment